Tonight’s dinner was an easy one to plan. I’ve made this dish several times for dinner and my husband absolutely loves it. Close friends of our just welcomed their baby boy into the world. We wanted to take them dinner tonight so they wouldn’t have to worry about cooking and attending to their new bundle of joy.
When trying to think of what dinner would be good to take to the new family of 3, I thought about what dinner dishes are healthy, tasty, and quick to make. The best part is this dish is made in one pan, so it makes clean up easy! My husband loves this dish and so do I. I modify it slightly from the original recipe. I also make my husband a side of whole wheat pasta to add in with his chicken.
I love that this dish is Whole30 compliant, it is low carb, tasty, and fulfilling, not to mention perfect for when you have leftover chicken from the previous nights dinner in the fridge.
I found this dish on a Facebook post for Whole30. Recipe from the Paleo Newbie on Facebook or Instagram: @paleo_newbie_recipes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz. artichoke hearts, liquid drained and sliced
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 lb pre-cooked chicken (I usually bake mine in the oven for 15 minutes @425F)
- a couple handfuls spinach
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the chopped onions for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add minced garlic in with the onions, and sauté together 1 more minute.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms to the sautéed onions and garlic, cook 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are golden.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan then toss in the roma tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and olives. Sprinkle in the parsley and oregano while stirring for a few minutes.
5. Next add your chopped precooked chicken and spinach to the pan. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Stir and cook only about 1-2 minutes to heat chicken. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
6. Serve garnished with freshly chopped basil leaves and a glass of vino!