Happy 4th of July y’all! This is one of my favorite holidays! I love any excuse to decorate the house all red, white, and blue including my food! This is our second 4th of July in our house and we are finally settled in so we decided to have a bbq to celebrate this 4th of July with friends and family.
I wanted to make a side dish that would for sure be a firecracker hit at dinner! This watermelon blueberry feta salad dish is refreshing, sweet, and tasty for a wonderful bbq side dish.
- 2 cups watermelon stars
- 1 cup blueberries rinsed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 limes juiced (save 2 slices for garnish)
- Mint leaves for garnish
- First you start by slicing the watermelon in thin slices.
- Lay each slice down 1 by 1 and use a star cookie cutter to cut watermelon out in the shape of a star. After all of the stars are cut set aside in large bowl.
- Rinse blueberries and add to watermelon stars.
- Next, squeeze limes over blueberry/watermelon mixture.
- Slowly fold in feta cheese to fruit mixture. Be careful not to break watermelon stars.
- Lastly garnish your fruit salad with a cut lime wedge and mint sprig!
I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July and enjoy this delicious dish!